Sunday, January 29, 2012

Eggs Benedict

Sorry about being so delayed about posting this recipe, also sorry for being such a slacker about posting in general. I found this app that was suppose to help me blog and I paid money for it, but for some reason I can't figure it out very well. Eggs Benedict 2 english muffins (toasted) 4 eggs 4 pieces of Canadian bacon(heated) Hollandaise sauce Here's how to make the Sauce. I got it from Martha. Hollandaise Sauce 2 large egg yolks 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces Coarse salt Cayenne pepper Freshly squeezed lemon juice Directions In a heatproof bowl, set over (but not touching) simmering water, whisk together yolks with 1 tablespoon water until fluffy and doubled in volume. Whisk in butter until melted and well combined; mixture should thicken and coat the back of a spoon. Season with salt, cayenne pepper, and lemon juice. Let stand at room temperature until ready to use, up to 1 hour. FYI I did not use the lemon juice or the cayenne pepper, just cause I was out of them. But it still tasted great! Pouched eggs We if you haven't done this before, no problem, I haven't either. My husband did this for me, but it's really not too difficult. Boil water(at least 6 cups)and 1/2 cup of white vinegar in a deep pot. Once it's starts to boil turn the heat down so it's not a rapid boil, more of a soft boil, if that makes sense. Crack one egg at a time into the water, it will sink to the bottom, but once it starts to cook it will float, cook for at least 2 mins. I like my yoke a little more cooked. So I think Andy cooked it for 3. Now your ready to assemble Half English muffin 1 piece of Canadian bacon Egg Sauce

No comments: